I Used to Like Her Now I Like Her Again Reddit

Unit 58- Part A

galka.jpg Similar / love / hate
When y'all talk most repeated actions, yous tin can use -ing or to … after these verbs. And so you lot tin say:

•    Do you like getting upwardly early?    or   Do you like to go up early?
•    Stephanie hates winging.
or Stephanie hates to fly.
•    I love meeting people.
   or I beloved to meet people.
•    I don't like being kept waiting.
or     … like to be kept waiting.
•    I don't like friends calling me at work.
  or … friends to call me at work.

simply
(1) We use -ing (not to …) when we talk nigh a state of affairs that already exists (or existed).
For example:
•    Paul lives in Berlin now. He likes living there. (He likes living in Berlin = He lives in that location and he likes it)
•    Do you like being a educatee? (Y'all are a educatee – do you similar it?)
•    The office I worked in was horrible. I hated working there.
(I worked there and I hated it)

(2) There is sometimes a difference between I like to do and I like doing:

I like doing something = I do information technology and I enjoy it:
•    I like cleaning the kitchen. (= I enjoy information technology.)

I like to practice something
= I think it is a skilful thing to do, just I don't necessarily enjoy it:
•    It'due south not my favourite job, simply I similar to clean the kitchen as often as possible.

Note that enjoy and mind are always followed by -ing (not to …):

•    I savor cleaning the kitchen. (not I enjoy to make clean)
•    I don't mind cleaning the kitchen. (not I don't mind to clean)

Unit of measurement 58- Function B

galka.jpg Would like / would dearest / would hate / would prefer
Would like / would love
etc. are usually followed by to … :
•    I'd like (= would like) to get away for a few days.
•  Would you lot like to come up to dinner on Friday?
•    I wouldn't similar to go on holiday alone.
•    I'd love to meet your family.
• Would yous prefer to have dinner now or later?

Compare I like and I would like
(I'd like):
•    I like playing tennis. / I like to play tennis. (= I like it in full general)
•    I'd like to play lawn tennis today.
(= I desire to play today)

Would mind
is always followed by -ing (not to …):

• Would you heed closing the door, please?

Unit of measurement 58- Role C

galka.jpg I would like to have done something = I regret now that I didn't or couldn't practice it:

•
    It's a pity nosotros didn't see Val when we were in London. I would like to have seen her once more.
•    We'd like to have gone away, but we were too busy at habitation.

You lot can use the aforementioned structure after would honey / would hate / would prefer:

•    Poor old David! I would hate to have been in his position.
•    I'd love to take gone to the party, but information technology was impossible.

Exercises

{slide=1 Write sentences about yourself.}flag.jpg Write sentences nearly yourself. Say whether you like or don't similar these activities. Choose ane of these verbs for each sentence:
{tooltip}Primal.{cease-link}Example answers:
2    I don't mind playing cards.
iii    I don't similar being lone.   or … to be alone.
4    I enjoy going to museums.
5    I love cooking.   or    I love to melt.{end-tooltip}

{xtypo_rounded3}similar / don't like    dear       hate     savor      don't mind{/xtypo_rounded3}

1    (fly)    I don't like flying.   or    I don't like to fly.
2    (play cards)  ___________________________________
three    (be alone)  ___________________________________
four    (go to museums)  ___________________________________
v    (melt)  ___________________________________ {/slide} {slide=2 Make sentences from the words in brackets.}flag.jpg Brand sentences from the words in brackets. Use -ing or to … . Sometimes either course is possible.
{tooltip}Key.{finish-link}2   She likes teaching biological science.
3    He likes taking photographs. or   He likes to take photographs.
iv    I didn't like working at that place.
5    She likes studying medicine.
six    He doesn't like existence famous.
vii    She doesn't like taking risks. or She doesn't like to take risks.
viii    I similar to know things in advance.{stop-tooltip}

i    Paul lives in Berlin at present. It's prissy. He likes information technology.
(he / similar / live / there)     He likes living there.
ii    Jane is a biology teacher. She likes her job.
(she / like / teach / biology)  She ______________________
iii    Joe ever carries his photographic camera with him and takes a lot of photographs.
(he / like / take / photographs) ______________________
4    I used to work in a supermarket. I didn't similar it much.
(I / not / like / work / there) ______________________
five    Rachel is studying medicine. She likes it.
(she / like / report / medicine) ______________________
6    Dan is famous, merely he doesn't similar it.
(he / not / like / exist / famous) ______________________
7    Jennifer is a very cautious person. She doesn't accept many risks.
(she / not / like / take / risks) ______________________
8    I don't like surprises.
(I / similar / know / things / in advance) ______________________ {/slide} {slide=3 Consummate each sentence with a verb in the right course.}flag.jpg Complete each sentence with a verb in the right form, -ing or to … . In i sentence either form is possible.
{tooltip}Key.{end-link}two    to sit
iii    waiting
iv    going    or    to go
five    to get
vi    being
seven    to come / to become
eight    living
9    to talk
10    to accept / to know / to get / to hear / to exist told{end-tooltip}

ane    Information technology's good to visit other places – I enjoy   travelling .
2    'Would you like _______________ down?'   'No, thanks. I'll stand.'
three    I'm nor quite ready yet. Would you mind _______________ a piffling longer?
4    When I was a child. I hated _______________ to bed early on.
5    When I have to grab a train. I'm always worried that I'll miss it. So I similar _______________ to the station in enough of time.
half dozen    I enjoy _______________ busy. I don't like it when there's naught to do.
7    I would dearest _______________ to your wedding ceremony, but I'grand agape information technology isn't possible.
8    I don't like _______________ in this function of town. I want to move somewhere else.
nine    Practice you have a minute? I'd similar _______________ to you lot almost something.
10  If there'south bad news and good news. I similar _______________ the bad news first. {/slide} {slide=iv Write sentences using would … to have (done). }flag.jpg Write sentences using would … to have (done). Utilise the verbs in brackets.
{tooltip}Fundamental.{cease-link}two    I would like/I'd like to have seen the programme.
3    I would detest / I'd hate to accept lost my lookout.
four    I would dearest / I'd love to have met your parents.
5    I wouldn't like to accept been lonely.
half-dozen    I would adopt / I'd prefer to have travelled by train.  or  I would have preferred to travel …{end-tooltip}

ane    It's a pity I couldn't go to the wedding. (like)
I woud like to take gone to the wedding.
2    It's a pity I didn't come across the programme.  (like)
_________________________________________
3    I'k glad I didn't lose my watch.  (hate)
_________________________________________
four    Information technology's a pity I didn't meet your parents.  (love)
_________________________________________
5    I'thousand glad I wasn't lone.  (not/ like)
_________________________________________
half dozen    It's a pity I couldn't travel by train.  (prefer)
_________________________________________ {/slide}


Часто квартирный или офисный ремонт требуют специальной транспортировки отходов, возникших в результате ремонтных или строительных работ. Вывоз мусора (кърти) – это трудоемкий процесс, который следует доверять лишь специалистам.

suhthicithe.blogspot.com

Source: https://megaen.ru/unit-58-verb-ing-or-to-3-like-would-like-etc/

0 Response to "I Used to Like Her Now I Like Her Again Reddit"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel